Tech

Ryder Innovation win Eurobike Award for Luberetta

Supplied by Ryder Innovation.

· By Press Office · 118 comments

Press Release

Ryder Innovation has just won a prestigious 2021 Eurobike Award for their Luberetta product. The Luberetta offers a simple and mess free way to lubricate your bicycle chain.

For all the details on the Luberetta’s features, check out the product release below.

Lifestyle - 4 - White Lube.jpg

Ryder Innovation is a brand born out of 26 years of sourcing, distributing, and marketing quality cycling accessories. Given our experience gained in this realm, we noticed that not many manufacturers were designing products that answered specific needs within the cycling market. We took it upon ourselves to design, manufacture and distribute such products which were affordable, functional, and unique – while ensuring they all answered a specific problem for cyclists.

One such problem is chain lubing.

Although this process is an essential part of bicycle maintenance and plays an imperative role in the bicycle’s efficiency, it is often neglected. This is in part due to the mess associated with chain lubing but more importantly, the fact that chains are not lubed correctly to ensure maximum drivetrain efficiency. Luberetta was designed with this in mind and provides users with a very simple solution.

Filled open cap - Studio.jpg

A portable 15ml container with a screw-on cap allows users to fill the container with his or her favourite lube. By placing Luberetta over the inside, bottom half of the chain and simply back pedalling, each link will receive a drop of lube through our patented silicon dispenser.

Luberetta thus simplifies the lubing process whilst ensuring that each chain link receives adequate lube and in doing so eliminates waste and mess. Like all of the products within the Ryder Innovation stable, Luberetta is designed to be part of an ecosystem ensuring easy storage and quick accessibility.

Lifestyle - 2 - Blue Lube.jpg

Find out more at https://ryderinnovation.com/luberetta/

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

Ernst Kromhout

Sep 4, 2021, 8:21 AM

23 hours ago, Rudii said:

Where did you order from?

Bike Addict

ThePubSA

Sep 5, 2021, 6:30 AM

On 9/3/2021 at 2:46 PM, TNT1 said:

Yeah, look, I'm not sh****ng on Ryder, I like and use several of their things, this just seems like such a random and pointless solution to a problem that doesn't exists. I mean it would be better than some muppet using a spray can of WD40, but it's not like that user would be able to get the WD40 into the luberetta anyway?

It's a confusing thing that seems unnecessary.

i love the muppet folded paper under chain wd40 method and best believe ill get it in the lubretta too .

SwissVan

Sep 5, 2021, 10:01 AM

On 9/3/2021 at 2:13 PM, TNT1 said:

Am I missing something? My lube (white lightning or thquirt) comes in a wee squeeze bottle with a pointy nozzle and I drop a single drop of lube on each roller already. What does this device bring to the party?

Haven’t tried one yet and I do the same as you....

BUT, I think this looks like one of those simple but brilliant “Why didn’t I think of that” ideas.

i would say it applies the drop of lube much easier and quicker than doing it the way we normally do it as per your post. The only other way to do it quicker would be to spray the chain with lube.... which just results in a mess and wasting lube

ill be looking for one of these online in Europe, hope they are available here

Shebeen

Sep 5, 2021, 10:07 AM

looks like a simple solution to an issue.i'd try it at least.

if only ryder innovation could be extended to our world tour cycling team.

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 12:34 PM

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Haven’t tried one yet and I do the same as you....

ill be looking for one of these online in Europe, hope they are available here

Dude its so cheap I'll send you a couple for Christmas if you like

Hairy

Sep 5, 2021, 6:32 PM

On 9/3/2021 at 12:00 PM, DieselnDust said:

I've got a couple of them. Brilliant little device. So simple to use.

The New Groove tool is also a lesson in simplicity. Some really nice ideas and products coming out of Ryder Innovation. Chapeau Omnico!!

Does it drop the lube in the CL of the roller or on the edge where it can move into the roller/pins where you need the lube. The marking pics show to be CL of roller.

Hairy

Sep 5, 2021, 6:36 PM

I really do not see the problem, and it seems like unlike most I do not Squirt my Lube all over the floor, dog, cat and anything else by the chain.

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 6:42 PM

9 minutes ago, Hairy said:

In the centre. But if your lube doesn’t flow then maybe you should stop greasing the chain….????6A31D291-68C1-4677-AEC9-9DCEB7E1DB6D.jpeg.f0f12153dce49bec325c026a28fa3125.jpeg

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 6:46 PM

D7286E44-92D8-4C05-8EC0-7FF42D6BBFD4.jpeg.9a5cb46c8decada577358afca872c381.jpeg

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 6:48 PM

The above image should satisfy the armchair tribologists

Hairy

Sep 5, 2021, 6:48 PM

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

D7286E44-92D8-4C05-8EC0-7FF42D6BBFD4.jpeg.9a5cb46c8decada577358afca872c381.jpeg

WTF ... you charging your e-bike or something!
image.png.78f15c437d7a9fd33aedb94ab238b564.png

Hairy

Sep 5, 2021, 6:49 PM

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

If your lube does not flow you have not shaken it properly ............

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 6:50 PM

Just now, Hairy said:

WTF ... you charging your e-bike or something!
image.png.78f15c437d7a9fd33aedb94ab238b564.png

get be so easily distracted sunshine.....

That's a derailleur cable housing

Hairy

Sep 5, 2021, 6:52 PM

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

get be so easily distracted sunshine.....

That's a derailleur cable housing

in colour sunshine yellow ... is that a Scott then or something it is fitted to.

babse

Sep 5, 2021, 6:54 PM

15 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Sounds like you don't lube often enough to have found a nack for squirting ????

Hairy

Sep 5, 2021, 6:56 PM

1 minute ago, babse said:

Sounds like you don't lube often enough to have found a nack for squirting ????

Or I have enough practice to be good at it young man .... and I have had to squirt many a riders chains before......... on the commute that is.

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 7:39 PM

44 minutes ago, babse said:

Sounds like you don't lube often enough to have found a nack for squirting ????

I think his nozzle is blocked.

DieselnDust

Sep 5, 2021, 8:21 PM

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

A something ????

Jewbacca

Sep 6, 2021, 2:50 AM

A serious question to those guys who squirt their lube everywhere.... Do you anchor your lube hand? So bottle up, hand resting on chainstay to steady it, spin cranks and voila.

I'm busy picturing all the kids in school who couldn't colour in between the lines...

SwissVan

Sep 6, 2021, 4:07 AM

15 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Dude its so cheap I'll send you a couple for Christmas if you like

One for the road bike, one for the tri bike, one for the mtb and one for the Wiffs bike ????

Hairy

Sep 6, 2021, 5:46 AM

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

They just "Free handing" it

DieselnDust

Sep 6, 2021, 5:47 AM

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Bottle up? No wonder you don’t spill! It’s not going anywhere!

Puncture Kid

Sep 8, 2021, 8:29 AM

On 9/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, Quintus said:

What a great idea. Lube always goes all over the floor! Smoove in particular gets blocked up in the narrow spout and requires a good squeeze to unblock meaning lube explodes everywhere.

Just use a straightened paper clip to unclog it. Easy Peazy

mazambaan

Sep 9, 2021, 5:02 AM

On 9/5/2021 at 8:48 PM, DieselnDust said:

The above image should satisfy the armchair tribologists

One JB from back in the day would have had a field day!

Andymann

Sep 14, 2021, 11:50 AM

I've been using this for the last 10 years - whether it's better or worse than the traditional Bicycle stuff I can't say.  But my chains and clusters seem to be fine and the applicator (or Brush for want of a better word) works perfectly.